Archive Storage Of Paper and Documents
Archive Storage Of Paper and Document Records
Searching for Archive Storage of paper and documents?
Archive Storage of Paper and Documents from Pinnacle Data Management
We provide confidential, secure off-site archive storage of paper and documents with boxes, collection, delivery, emergency delivery and instant access. In addition to archive storage of paper and documents, Pinnacle Data Management also provide secure destruction services.
Request a Free Quotation for Archive Storage of paper and documents
Did you know..?
Government regulations currently require your company to keep records for a minimum of six years. Archive storage of these documents takes up valuable office space. Moving your papers and documents into our secure off-site archive storage facility can free up your costly floor space for more profitable uses. Whether you're looking to store one box or many hundreds, PDM can provide all of your paper and documents archive storage requirements including:
- Free paper and documents archive storage quotations
- Long and short term archive storage of paper and documents
- Secure archive storage facilities
- Fully computerised archive storage systems
- Secure destruction services when the paper and documents are no longer needed
- Delivery/pickup services of paper and documents
What is Archive Storage?
Archive storage is required when you have historic papers and documents that you need to retain, but do not have the facilities to store them securely. It is likely that the cost your office space is comparatively expensive compared to archive storage, resulting in off-site archive storage of paper and documents being more econimical than keeping the boxes of documents in your office. With Pinnacle Data Management you still have complete access to your archived paper and documents anytime you like, and whether you need an individual sheet of paper retrieved from our archive or one or more boxes, we can help you.
Why choose PDM for your archive storage of paper and documents?
The Pinnacle Data Mangement archive facility is designed for the purpose of archive storage of paper and documents, so your records are archived and stored in a secure environment, which is more secure than having them stored in a corner of your office, or in the basement of your office building.
Our system of computer coding and security sealing ensures that only you are aware of the content of each archive storage box. Plus, only key Pinnacle Data Management staff know where your archive storage boxes are stored as each box is marked with a unique reference number which correlates to your specific boxes. As an added safeguard our system of mixed and random archive storage ensures that your records are not all kept in the same location within our storage facilities.
Pinnacle Data Management - Archive Storage of paper and documents
Points to consider to efficiently store paper documents to save costs
Looking at the cost of archive storage of paper and documents, cataloging, boxes and retrievals here is a 10 point plan to efficiently store and archive paper documents:
- STOP the paper at source! Only print on paper when necessary. For example, most e-mails can be read or forwarded without printing them. Try not to store duplicate information i.e. minutes stored by all 12 people around the table.
- Store paper as densely as possible:-
- Use the correct size archive box, with as little air space around the box as possible.
- It is more efficient to empty Lever arch file and Box file direct into bankers boxes or storage wallets. (Where practical).
- When loading files, try to store files by date of destruction. If possible, do not store long and short term material together, otherwise all material will have to be stored long term, or sorted out at a later date with the associated costs.
- Make sure a destruction date is provided for each box so the archive storage company can manage the destruction for you. Once the destruction dates are on the database, it is a simple procedure to provide a report of all boxes which have passed their destruction date.
- Make sure you get a report of all boxes which have reached their destruction date at least once a year from your document storage company.
- E-mail and faxes can all be stored electronically so if you have to print them shredded them when you have finished with them.
- Use good quality boxes to save extra labour and boxes re-boxing them at a later date.
- Plan a retrieval system before loading the boxes. Do you require the full box back or just a file, will you require file inventories or just by box. Will you require emergency retrievals. All these factors affect the overall cost of storage.
- Can your staff make you more money when they are not archiving files?
- When a member of your staff wishes to retrieve a box or a file, always ensure that they check with the rest of your organisation to see if another person also needs an item retrieved in order to avoid unnecessary call out charges.
Not all of these points will apply to all businesses but even taking a few into consideration will substantially save you money.